Hello everybody, welcome or welcome back to my blog!
A few days ago, my brother and I decided to cook together. He wanted to try making steaks, so I decided to help him by making side dishes (pasta, mashed potatoes and Brussel sprouts)!
It was his first time cooking and he did wonderful, so I wanted to share our results with you all! 🙂
Steak~ I didn’t make this, so I did ask my brother how he did it. He told me:
- Preheat a cast iron pan at 350 degrees and heat for 2-3 mins.
- Brush the meat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the pan on the stove and let the meat sit on the pan for 2-3 mins on each side.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves to the pan.
- Shift the pan into the oven at 450 degrees for 6-7 meats. By now the meat (tops and sides) should have browned.
- Flip the steak to the other side and add 2 tbsp. butter after removing from the oven. Make sure the steak is fully coated with butter.
- Move steak to a plate and pour garlic butter sauce. Allow the steak to sit for 5 mins, so that the sauce can be absorbed.
The Mashed Potatoes~ I made were the same from my Thanksgiving Post!
The Brussel Sprouts~ I seasoned these with some sesame seeds, salt and pepper. I then put these on a pan (with foil) and baked them at 350 degrees for 20 mins.
For Pasta~ I boiled according to instructions in salted water. After draining out the water. I used 1/2 a can of Hunt’s tomato paste with 1/4 cup of water to make sauce. I added salt, and chili pepper flakes for taste. I finished by mixing the two together.
My mom doesn’t eat red meat, so she cooked Shrimp (in the second picture).
Question of the Day: What is the first food you ever cooked? Mine was pasta!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for reading, see you next Friday with another post! 🙂