Hello Everyone, welcome or welcome back to my blog! Today I am excited to be back with another food post. So, a couple weeks ago, I decided to try making my first lasagna, I made it with spinach instead of beef, since I wanted it to be vegetarian. I think it came out great, I hope you guys like it too! Let’s get started:
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups olives
- 3 cups cooked spinach
- salt & pepper – optional: some red chili flakes and oregano.
- 2 cans of tomato paste.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Basil – optional: bell peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes, parsley.
- 3 large pots
- foil to cover top of baking pan
- 9 X 13 inch bake-safe pan
- spatula, large spoon(s), knife, plate
- measuring cups and spoons
- In the first pot, add some water, oil and salt and bring to a boil. Cook 4 lasagna noodles at a time. Once they are cooked, set them aside in a plate.
- In the second pot, start sautéing the spinach and olives. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Slice all the vegetables you wish to use. In the third pot, sauté the remaining veggies and garlic (both are optional).
- Add the tomato paste and about 4 oz. of water. Mix with a spatula until it reaches a sauce-like consistency.
- Add in the basil and season the sauce with salt and pepper. You can also add oregano and red chili flakes.
- Now it is time to layer, start with a base layer of sauce. Spread out 3 noodles on top. Spread 1/4 of your ricotta on top. Lastly, add 1/3 of the sautéed spinach and olives.
- Repeat step 6 two more times.
- On the last layer: start with sauce, then layer 3 more lasagna noodles, and finish up the ricotta. On top of that spread mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve with fresh parsley on top (optional). My brother made some Rosemary chicken to go along with this, but shrimp, meatballs, or any other type chicken will work great too! Enjoy!!
📣 Question of the Day: I thought we could try something different, and do some “would you rather…” questions today instead! I can’t wait to read your answers! 📣
- Would you rather give up donuts or cupcakes?
- Would you rather live in a world with only hot coffee or only iced coffee?
- Would you rather eat cookies with broccoli chunks or brownies with carrots?
- Would you rather give up chocolate or candy?
- Would you rather give up popcorn forever or potato chips forever?
🎊 I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and the would-you-rather questions, see you guys next Friday with a special Valentine’s Day post! I’ve been working on it for a couple weeks and I’m super excited to share it with you guys. As always you can see sneak peaks of my posts by following me on Instagram at @tanvibytes. 🎊