Hello everyone, welcome or welcome back to my blog! Today I’m super excited to share one of my favorite Indian snacks– Dahi Puri! I used to eat this all the time before quarantine, but I haven’t had any recently. Since I was craving some Dahi Puri, I decided to make it at home. At a store nearby, my mom and I picked up some puri (these look like round, thin crackers), sev (these look like yellow sprinkles) and green chutney. When we got home we began preparing all the components!
You Will Need:
- Bean Sprouts
- Dates & Tamarind Paste
- Green Chutney
- Optional: Sev
- Potatoes & Rock Salt / Optional: Other Masalas
- And of course: PURIS!
- YOGURT: Since the yogurt I buy is pretty thick, I added a tiny bit of water to make it smoother, which is the consistency I wanted.
- BEAN SPROUTS: I used 1 1/2 cup of bean sprouts and pressure cooked them for about 10 mins.
- SWEET CHUTNEY: To make this, blend together 5-7 dates and about 5 tbsp. of tamarind paste. After blending for a couple mins, the chutney should be smooth, without any chunks.
- POTATO: I started by boiling two large potatoes. After about 10 minutes, I peeled them and put them in a container. Next, I added some rock salt and mashed the potatoes together.
- Since I purchased green chutney, sev and puris, this is the only prep work that I had to do besides poking holes in the puris.
- ASSEMBLY: I like to start by putting potato in my puri first, so that it can cover up any holes in the bottom. Next, I put in sprouts and yogurt. I top it off with both the chutneys and some sev.
Overall, I think it was super delicious, and reminded me of chaat that I used to eat before quarantine. I also had a lot of fun putting everything together with my mom. A win-win! 😀
🎲 Check out my other savory cooking-related blog posts, if you haven’t already! 🎲
- An Un-peel-ievably Delicious Orange Chicken Recipe!
- Making a Pasta-tively Amazing Spinach Lasagna!
- Exploring the Pasta-bilities!
🎨 I have also been working on publishing an art page on my blog. It includes some of my favorite, recent artwork. I finally published the page a couple days ago, and I’m super excited to share it with you guys! Here’s a link. 🎨
📞 Question of the Day: What is the best April Fool’s prank you played, witnessed, or had played on you? 📞
🧩 Thanks a lot for reading, I hope you guys enjoyed this post! See you guys next Friday, with a fun cookie recipe! As always, you can catch sneak peeks of my upcoming blog posts my following me on Instagram, @tanvibytes. Here is a glimpse of a post coming soon: 🧩